Monday, November 22, 2010

Saying goodbye

If you've been following what I've been mumbling about throughout the year, you will have noticed my family and I have been hit by a lot of deaths this year.


My lifelong best friends have been on the receiving end over the last few years and at the beginning of the year, we lost another dad in our group of 5 to brain cancer.

The consecration aka unveiling of the tombstone was held at the Jewish Cemetery in Pinelands yesterday in the rain - call it pathetic fallacy - as family and friends said a final goodbye to a fantastic teacher and father.

There are no more words that I can fill this post with, so all I really have to say is I'm ready to see this year end, take a holiday and reflect. It's been filled with fantastic times but also taken far too many family and friends and I think we all are looking forward to a new year and fresh start.

No comments: