Friday, September 17, 2010

Getting a grip

I used to think I had a grip on my finances, a very important part of any person's life but I was a little wrong

My bank account was outdated and I had no idea what package I was still on along with no online banking or sms notifications when I've made a transaction pretty much was screaming at me for a while. I dragged myself into ABSA today and within an hour I had sorted out my life.

  • Goodbye student account (why I still had it, I don't know)
  • New package
  • All cards linked to my cheque account
  • Internet banking setup
  • Mobile banking setup
  • SMS notification setup
  • Secondary card 
Tried to go to FNB to open a savings account / whatever will work account but the branch is having renovations. 

Anyway, today will be the day I start getting a grip on my finances, starting with my bank account and I've organised a chat with my financial consultant friend to explain some more on how I can save effectively and use my finances efficiently.

Excited that I am getting some part of my life in order, especially on the day I nearly lost my life.

No comments: